As a number of people seemed to enjoy my last attempt at summarizing my life in bite-size morsels, I bring to you:
- Things at work have been incredibly busy. While it hasn’t always been fun, it’s definitely a good feeling in these economic times to work at a place that seems as strong as ever. We’ve got some new, exciting clients that we are working with that have some very cool projects coming down the pipe.
- After a more than six month hiatus from music, I started jamming again with some friends. We only got to practice once, however it inspired me to
- Play my first live show. My friends in Hello Kelly asked me to pinch-hit on guitar for a show in Ottawa, and it was incredible. I’ve never had so much fun playing music. There were lights, video, a huge sound system, and a couple hundred people out. It was a lot of fun. I also got to try
- My new amp! So, this was a funny story. I went to the music store around the corner from work one day, and sitting in the corner of the electric guitar section looked to be a Vox AC30 with a single 12” speaker. My dream amp for a while now has been an AC30 with two 12s, but I thought I’d give this one a shot. I picked up my dream guitar and plugged it in, and instantly fell in love. I put a down payment on it that day, and went back a couple days later with the balance. However, when I pulled it out of the corner, my friend Simon pointed out that this was not a single 12 Vox AC30, but a 2x12” Vox AC30. My dream amp! The best part, it was lightly used in some guy’s living room, so I picked it up for less than a grand! Definitely a great day.
- A few days ago, my friend Jason Soloduik asked if I would be interested in playing some guitar for his band. I’ve been a fan and a friend of Jason’s for a few years now, and knew I had to jump at the chance. I have my first rehearsal this Thursday night in Brantford, and then our first show this Saturday night in Brantford at New Covenant Church (22 Holiday Drive). If you’re in the area, it’d be great to see you out! The show is free, with doors at 7pm.
- Last week I had the chance to go to Chicago for a trade show for work. I love Chicago, and think it’s one of the best cities I’ve ever been to. The art throughout the city is amazing. We went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field on Monday night, which was an awesome experience. I’d love to spend a whole week there with nothing to do but explore.
- A friend of mine invited me to see Kings of Leon on Sunday night at the JLC, which I gladly accepted! It was really an impressive show. Having only heard their latest album, I wasn’t aware they were such a rock band. Definitely want to pick up their older albums now that I’ve heard some of their older material.
- I have some more incredibly exciting news to share, but that will be coming at the end of the week. I kid you not, it’s the biggest achievement I’ve ever made in my life, and I can’t wait to share it with you.
- Of course, not everything in life is rosey. I’m not feeling so hot right now, mostly because I have been working a lot. Not just at work, but also on a big project I was super excited to be working on, until
- I got screwed. I don’t want to get into details, but basically I had started working on the biggest project I’ve ever taken on, only to have the client back out part way through. Thankfully I am not out any money, just the time I put into the project. I am thinking about writing a post about the business lessons I learned through this experience, but I need to be in a less emotional state about the situation before I do.
That’s about it for this edition of “My Life in Bullet Form.” If you’d like to keep seeing these types of updates, let me know either through email or through Twitter. I hear that’s where the cool kids are these days.※ Permalink for “My Life in Bullet Form — Part Deux” published on date_to_rfc822